Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Accessorize in spring

Hi!

A couple of days ago my sister showed me this beautiful fashion illustration & I got inspired to draw again haha. Usually when I draw I take a picture as reference & start drawing. It's funny cause my drawings never really look like the picture I took as reference even though I really try sometimes haha. But that's okay, it's more important to make drawings your own right :)? Well... this drawing surprisingly looks a lot like the reference! I don't really mind that because I simply LOVE it! You can see this picture by just clicking on this link: http://www.killshopkill.com/wordpress/tag/art/

Normally I just leave my drawings black & white, but I have a sister who illustrates using watercolors & I simply LOVE how her illustrations turn out & that made me wanna try it. First I sketched the drawing & then I outlined it with a black marker. These steps were super easy, but when I had to start coloring my mind went blank ahaha. I knew which colors I wanted to use , but let me tell you it's not easy to work with watercolors! You really have to be patient cause you have to work with different layers to get more depth & you need to mix different colors to get the right color... Well... I'm not patient & I don't really know which colors I have to mix to get the color I have in mind... so I asked my sister for help quite a few times haha

Below you can see how I came to the final drawing.



I decided to use these colors because I can't wait for spring to come hahaha. I really like how it turned out & I never knew my drawing could look like this!!! I really want to experiment more with watercolors, but first I have to become more patient ha ha ha.

Hope you liked this post!

Have a nice evening everyone! :)

XOXO,

Ancilla

11 comments:

Deray said...

Good job Ancilla! Like your sister says: keep doodling! ;-)

Ancilla said...

Haha thanks!! I will certainly do :)!

Claire said...

I love how she turned out! Looking forward to seeing what you do next. It would be cool to see your own designs too.

Dennis Salvatier said...

Beautiful work.

Ancilla said...

@Claire Thanks Claire:)! Yeah, I will try to post some of my own designs very soon :D!

@Dennis Thank you :)!

Ollie said...

Great Job! I love the value in the towel. It's a great contrast from the highlights to the shade on it. Keep it up C! :)

Ancilla said...

@Ollie haha thanks! I will try my best :)!

TJ Lubrano said...

Gorgeous work me love ^_^!! heheheh

You have to create more ladies like her please! You know I'm watching you....

Ancilla said...

@TJ Thank you! You are the one who helped me dufus hihi. o.0 You're watching me! Oh dear, let me start drawing ... *runs off*

Daniel White said...

Only wish I could draw something like that, I suck at drawing. But good job nonetheless. :)

Ancilla said...

@Daniel White Thank you very much :)!