Friday, December 3, 2010

How to cut your T-shirt!

Hi there!

A couple of weeks ago I bought a T-shirt with a really cool phrase on it. I bought this shirt from the men section of the New Yorker.... yes you read it right... I sometimes shop at the men section ahahah. But I totally did not like the shape of the shirt... I decided to buy it anyways having a whole picture in mind of how I should cut it & how I would wear it. My mind started to get all sorts of ideas, so I had to buy it! So today I decided to cut my t-shirt. It's super easy and all you need is a textile scissor & of course your shirt haha!

Here you see how the shirt looks when I bought it:
Cool print huh :)?!?

The first thing you need to do is decide where you want to cut your shirt. I like my shirts more baggy, so I bought a bigger size then I normally would. I decided to cut it in a way that it would fit more casual and slouchy. The best thing to do is to wear your shirt and make a little slit of where you want to start cutting on both sides. Where you decide to start cutting will determine how slouchy your shirt will fall, but be careful if you cut too much your shirt will constantly fall from you shoulders and that can be a bit annoying. I also cut down from the center of the neck down to the point I desired. See picture 1 -3.

Now you will need to cut from the two slits to the center. BUT you only must cut the upper layer of your shirt. If you have done that you will get this:
The back part you will cut straight across from the points you started cutting the front part. While cutting you should pass the neck part right here:
I also cut the sleeves off and the bottom of the shirt just where the stitching were.
Now all you have to do is pull the parts slightly where you have cut & you're ready to wear your own 'designed' t-shirt haha. This is how my t-shirt turned out. I am very very pleased with it!!!!

Hope you liked this post & that you will try this out! Have a wonderful day!

XOXO,

Ancilla

8 comments:

TJ Lubrano said...

I LOVE IT! Okay now cut a shirt for me...

Ancilla said...

Which one.... *walks into your closet*

Deray said...

I cut my gym shirts like that all the time, I can't stand to have sweaty necklines, jajajaja. Your shirt is awesome, I would never tell it's from the men department ;-)

Ancilla said...

@Deray hahaha and it also looks way cuter right :D! I know right, I'm so happy with it!

Ollie said...

Can I borrow some scissors? Great entry! Now I know what to do for all my shirts. :)

Ancilla said...

@Ollie hahah don't know if that's the right thing to do but here they are *hands scissors*

LubranoMusic2 said...

Lovely shirt and an even lovelier statement. Good job man!

Ancilla said...

@LubranoMusic2 Heeey you have made a blog :O? Yay hihi! Thank you :D!